Here's a simple activity for first grade JHS. You could use it with elementary too, but only with an advanced class which can read simple verbs - or you could edit the sheet to use pictures instead of text.
Estimated time: 20-25 minutes, but give a bit longer for under-motivated classes.
Those of you using New Crown will find this on page 64 - Chapter 6 Do It Talk 4.
The concept of this game is very simple, as is the execution:
- First, download the character sheets, and draw hands on the clocks to make times (click here to download, but as always beware of Google Docs' preview - it will look fine when you download and open in Word),
- Make groups of 4-6 students each,
- Give each group one copy of the simple sheet to the right (click here to download),
- Stick the characters around the room at random points, ideally far enough from each group that they can't just lean over and copy from them,
- One at a time, students must go to the characters, read the clock and the activity next to it, remember it (they can't take the sheet with them), and report back to the group,
- The group writes it down (e.g. Mr Dom plays the guitar at 4:30). The first group with all characters completed and checked by you is the winner. Give them some stickers or something.
- Ask some "What time does Mr Dom play the guitar" type questions to the class to practice the "What time.." point.
Post a Comment