It's another all-purpose solution to "anything ok".
Expect to fill 20-25 mins including explanation and wrapping up. Can work with all JHS grades with some tweaking.
The name may well be the most complicated part. Follow these simple steps:
- Make about 12 different categories (like sports, animals etc) and put them in an envelope. You will need one numbered envelope for each group (~4 students each), but don't give them out.
- Give each group a dictionary or two
- One student from each group must come to the front and take a category from his/her group's envelope
- Challenge them to find five words for each category as fast as possible (e.g. bear, duck etc for animals)
- When they have five words, they must bring their sheet to you for your approval. If it's okay, they take another category
- The winning group is the one with the most succesfully completed categories at the end of the game (set a time limit of 10-15 mins)
As always, you can use this for free, but please don't repost it anywhere else (linking back here is fine, though!)