Self-intro activities for second and third graders could be the Can you bingo, Did you bingo or the Will you bingo activities I posted recently.
It's pretty self-explanatory, but here's how to make it work in class:
- Students practice the vocab, including what should be the only new word for them: "or"
- If you want, they can then ask each other "do you like X or X?" before thinking about you, and what you like,
- They guess which thing you like and circle it for all the boxes,
- You can then nominate students (or ask for volunteers) to ask you the question for each box,
- If they have guessed correctly, they can circle the whole box, if not, then it's a big X for them,
- Play bingo like this, where four circles in any direction = one bingo,
- If you have some stickers or stamps, award them for the first X number of bingos.
There you go. Very simple idea, and now the kids know you a little better.
As always, please don't redistribute this anywhere else.