Here in Japan, you can make your own online! Whatever picture you like can become a stamp. Here's how.
Japan Post has a website, all in Japanese, where you can upload photos and make stamps of them.
The price is 1,200yen for a sheet of 10 domestic stamps (stamps have an 80yen value).
How to do it
If you need a translation or explanation, here it is:
- Look at the page linked to above. The images of stamps are examples of border templates.
- The white button (商品詳細を見る) is a preview of the sheet of stamps you will receive (the black lines over the 80円 are just to void the images
- The pink button (申し込む) takes you to the order page:
- The grey button will take you to the next page, where you can adjust the layout of your picture. It's self explanatory, but リセット means reset.
- Of the two grey buttons, the one on the left will take you back, the one on the right will take you to the next step.
- The following page is a preview of your stamp sheet.
- Again, button on the left to go back, right to continue.
- After you click the continue button, the site will do some data legwork which can take a little while depending on the size of your image.
- Smash the button on the next page to agree to terms.
- Then you'll see your bill. Here you can change the number of sheets you want to order. Postage is as follows:
- 5 sheet or less: 500yen
- More than 5 sheets: free
- Progress as follows:
|Then this one|
|And this one|
You don't have to pay by credit card. You can also furikomi or pay at any Japan Post. Select the tick box below the card details for that.
- Finally, click the する button at the end (as a general rule, buttons marked 戻る are go back, and those ending in する are to continue).
Anxiously await your stamps.
Post a Comment