Japan Matsuri is looking for volunteers for it`s third annual event. Held in the heart of London.
If you are homesick for Japan, or missing the wonderful festivals then look no further. This is designed to feel like a typical Japanese festival: dancing, music, food and shows.
Read below for more information.
Period: From NOW until Sunday September 19th
Language Skill required: English or Japanese (depending on the roles)
Volunteers can gain:
- No salary :(
- Certificate/Reference upon request
- The chance to see behind the scenes of a Japan related event attracting tens of thousands of visitors.
A: Administrative roles:
- A1: Liaising with Stage Performers
- A2: Liaising with Participants Groups/Schools in Activities
- A3: Liaising with Stall
- A4: Liaising with Media
- A5: Web
- A6: Others
- B1: Decoration of the event site (the County Hall)
- B2: Design of event brochures and posters
- B3: Fabrication of Mikoshi (portable shrine), Chochin (lanterns) and others
- B4: Others
- C1: Electrical wiring
- C2: Health & Safety, First Aid, nurses/doctors
- C3: Patrol (traffic control, security stewards, parking area, wastes etc.)
- C4: Installation / clearing
- C5: Others
Japan Matsuri is looking for people for the following time frames.
- On a weekly/bi-weekly basis (from now)
- Available from September 11th
- Available on the day of the event.