"Ah, anything OK! Fun games!"
Great. Well, here are five+ ways to fill that time, in AccessJ's first "Best Of".
- First up is the typhoon game, which never gets old and can be used with virtually any vocab or grammar point. Check out our writeup of the activity way back when (actually one of our first Worksheet Sundays). You can modify this is all kinds of ways. See the versions masquerading as The Ultra Snail Salt Chopstick Attack and the newer, Snake Eyes.
- Number 2 is the Category Game. Another easy to prepare but very fun group game for all ages and hundreds of vocab points.
- In at 3 is Scrabble Scramble. If you have some time to prep, this is a fantastic game for 2nd and 3rd grade JHS, or even the later days of 1st grade.
- Next up, countdown-style spelling game Boggle. Very little prep and good for almost any class.
- And last for now is ball-bustingly fun group game Blockbusters. Needs a little prep time, but can be used again and again with different questions.
As always, if you have any comments or requests, drop them in the comments below.
Post a Comment